Get Yours Today...!

Thorns of an Innocent Soul Book Trailer

Enter To Win $50.00 Gift Certificate to Amazon

Favorite Paranormal/Horror - Hollowing Screams

 photo Betty_Awards_Badge_

zps6d1d6a22.jpg

About Me

My photo
Missouri, United States
At an early age, Barbara experienced what she referred to as – supernatural phenomenon. As a teenager she kept a diary in which she documented several of her disturbing nightmares. Barbara ultimately incorporated her visions into several of her writings. In her writings, she loves to evoke a false sense of security and expectations - leading the reader into a world of the unknown.

Hollowing Screams Book Reviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Horror Novel: Fiend - The Manifestation, by Phil Bolos

Reviewer: Joyce M. Gilmour

When asked to read Fiend—The Manifestation by Phil Bolos, I didn’t know that I was going to be reading a horror story. When I found that out, I hesitated, but decided to take a chance and add another genre to my variety of book reviews. I was planning to just read the beginning of the book, and then add it to my pile of “read for review” books. However, that is not what happened. I began to read, and only put the book down to get some sleep (but it did affect my dreams). Mr. Bolos took me on quite the trip…to the depths of…I don’t know where. It doesn’t appear that we went to hell, but somewhere very dark and scary.

The story takes readers between “our” world (my wonderful state of Wisconsin) and “another world” where the forces of good and evil are at battle. One thing is for sure, after reading Fiend—The Manifestation you will definitely think more about decisions that you make, I can pretty much guarantee that! The characters come alive through wonderful description, and you may recognize their characteristics in the lives of your family members and friends. Phil Bolos definitely knows how to paint a picture with words, and keep readers in suspense. So if you get scared when reading about evil and gory creatures, then you may want to think twice before reading this book. It was a fast read, but when in the “depths” I truly wanted to be out of there, and that didn’t happen fast enough for me, but then that was the author’s skill in getting this reader to feel the tension of good versus evil, in a very scary manner.

No comments: