Get Yours Today...!

Thorns of an Innocent Soul Book Trailer

Enter To Win $50.00 Gift Certificate to Amazon

Favorite Paranormal/Horror - Hollowing Screams

 photo Betty_Awards_Badge_

zps6d1d6a22.jpg

About Me

My photo
Missouri, United States
At an early age, Barbara experienced what she referred to as – supernatural phenomenon. As a teenager she kept a diary in which she documented several of her disturbing nightmares. Barbara ultimately incorporated her visions into several of her writings. In her writings, she loves to evoke a false sense of security and expectations - leading the reader into a world of the unknown.

Hollowing Screams Book Reviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What The...Am I Really Reading This Crap!!

When I decided to actually sit down and write a story, I didn't have a clue as to what genre it would fall into - nor did I care. I've always loved reading a suspense thriller, with a splash of paranormal added in to spice it up a bit. Born in the ice-age, I was an avid fan of 'Alfred Hitchcock', 'The twilight Zone' series - no, not the 'Twilight', vampire falls in love with mortal girl and fights the wolf boy for her love, series. Although - I wish I'd thought of that one first...!  If I had a choice, I'd rather not be known for writing in any one particular genre, but instead recognized as a writer of what I call hybrid literature. I love suspense with thrills, humor, romance, and yes -Paranormal Activity (pretty good flick btw)

What am I getting at, you ask-scratching your head and pondering the question, "What the...am I still reading this crap?" Guess as a writer, I just often wonder why we have to be stuck in a certain category of genre - wish it could be just plain old fiction or non-fiction. However, guess that would make it more difficult to find your favorite author when looking on the bookshelf at Barnes and Noble, or when sifting through Amazon kindle, Nook and etc... Okay, if I haven't given you something to think about, then at least I've given you a reason to wonder, "Who is this person - what has she written, and what the hell is she ranting about?"

If you're still here - not moved on to another more informative blog, then take a chance and wonder on over to my website and have a look around.

Oh, and don't bother editing this - I'm positive the speling and gramer is al corect...





 

No comments: